Code of Conduct
Burnside rugby club and all members are bound by the State and National RugbyAUCodeofConduct (1)
Policies and Guidelines
All policies and guidelines for South Australian Rugby clubs can be found on the RUSA website.
Registration at BRUFC is available to:
Junior Players | Training Only | Full Season
Senior Players | Training Only | Weekly | Full Season
Volunteers | Coaches | Managers
All registrations are managed using the Rugby Xplorer app. Detailed instructions on how to register can be found in the here |Registration instructions
For more information on the Rugby Xplorer app and how to follow your favourite teams, and see ladders and fixtures, go to | Registration, Fixtures & Ladders |
Dispensation is a process of application, assessment and approval for a player to play outside of their natural age/grade. Dispensation can be applied for by;
- Players with a disability
- Players intending to participate in a gender competition other than that stated on their birth certificate
- Jnr players, to play in an age/grade above or below their natural age/grade, for reasons of weight/height and/or experience and skill level.
- Female Jnrs, from the ages of 12 to 15, to play in mixed gender teams
- Female Jnrs, 16yrs or over to play in the Snr women’s competition
- Male Jnrs, 16yrs or over to play in the Snr men’s competition
The dispensation process is as follows;
- Discussion and agreement with Coach(s) and BRUFC Director of rugby
- Parental consent form completed and emailed to Director of rugby
- Director of Rugby forwards consent form to Rugby Union SA with request for assessment
- Rugby Union SA notifies of next available date, and performs functional capability dispensation assessment
- Approval (or otherwise) notification is sent to club Secretary and Director of rugby
- Player eligible to play in dispensated age/grade
- Re-assesment by Rugby Union SA may occur to continue or revert dispensation.
Inter & Intrastate Clearances
Clearances for players moving from either, a club outside of South Australia or within the state competition, must be initiated using the RugbyXplorer app. Only once the clearance is approved by the relevant club and state authority, can a player register and be selected to play.
“All players, who have played rugby union in a country outside of Australia, in accordance with World rugby regulation 4.6.1, require an international clearance before taking the field in Australia. It is the responsibility of the player to complete the clearance process and it is intended that the process be commenced prior to a player leaving their overseas club.”
International clearance is a player initiated process which players are strongly encouraged to commence as soon as they make the decision that they intend to play rugby in Australia, as clearance approvals can be lengthy.
The spirit of an International clearance is verification that a player has no awaiting disciplinary hearings, code of conduct breaches, outstanding judicial matters, and/or no outstanding payments.
Players seeking to gain International Clearance and therefore the right to register and play in Australia must follow the steps in order as outlined below
BRUFC is committed to providing services to children and young people in accordance with the Child Safe Environments recommendations and requirements from the State Office for Sport and Recreation, Rugby Union SA and Rugby Australia.
For more information please refer to the BRUFC Child Safety Risk Management Plan and Policy or contact the club secretary/administrator/child safety officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Member Protection Information Officer plays an important role in our club community, providing information and guidance on complaints procedures. Any member who has concerns or problems, is invited to discuss their concerns with our trained club MPIO. All complaints or issues will be dealt with promptly, seriously, sensitively and confidentially.
For support or more information please contact the club Member Protection Info Officer via email email@example.com